What's with us and our need to cling to a tired phrase long beyond its expiration date?
One of our Linkedin Group members (Sonja Mallery) started an interesting discussion on the most overused one liners in the marketplace. There were lots of interesting responses (62 as of this post) but perhaps the most interesting take away was that we each were guilty of at least a few of these.
So, without further delay, I want to present to you a Top 10 list of sorts inspired by a fun group discussion!
1) Adding the phrase "Full Service" to your elevator speech . . . So, does that mean you will check my oil and wash my windows?
2) The phrase "On the planet" . . . Well holy sh*t, you guys must be big because that's like one step away from "in the universe status" No?
3) "Just checking in" . . . Sure. Would you like a smoking or non smoking room?
4) "Let me be perfectly honest with you" . . . No thanks! Just keep lying to me instead. Please?
5) "At the end of the day" . . . Screw that, how about a "nooner" instead?
6) "Think outside the box" . . . Sure, just as soon as I finish trying to color inside of the lines!
7) Can you "sharpen your pencil" on this one? Will do, but first let me place another pin in the crack of the ass on the voodoo doll I have in your likeness.
8) I wanted to "reach out to you" . . . Alright but please don't feel up my face like Patty Duke did in that Helen Keller movie.
9) Irregardless . . . That isn't even a word dude.
10) "Is that your best price?" . . . Oh my God, how did you know that was my throw away price? Get out of my head!
10.5 "If I could show you a way to ______________ would you seriously consider our offer?" Your monkey style Kung Fu is ineffective dude!
So there you have it. Now if you'd like to really get the skinny on all the other tired one liners then march yourself right over to our Linkedin group discussion by clicking this link http://tinyurl.com/yg4rr9z
Wishing you a great week full of cliche free success!
Join Our Sales Playbook Linkedin Group http://tinyurl.com/c6nwq7